Question Power Supply Causing Issues?

redrage

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
I bought a new PC from another builder and implemented my own GPU which was a 3080 around 5 months. For some reason my computer recently has been having a lot of weird issues including the USB ports not reading on bootup, causing overloads and shutting down the USB ports and most recently I've started to see a flicker in the monitor. I'm thinking the reason may be either the motherboard is bad, the CPU is causing issues from the OC or I just don't have enough power from the PSU. Let me know what you guys think i really appreciate any help that can be given.

Here are my specs:
Intel i9 10900k(overclocked to 5.0Ghz) - pretty stable at around 30-40c idle up to 70c under power/gaming
Nvidia 3080 FE
Cooler Master closed closed loop water cooling/6 120mm RGB case fans
Aorus 590i Ultra mini-ATX motherboard
32GB RAM
1TB NVME SSD
1TB SSD
750W PSU
Cooler Master Mini Atx case

redrage

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
I had a corsair 1000w back in the day. It never died on me and lasted over 3 builds. Are they still as good as they use to be if I upgrade to a 1000w PSU? How do companies like EVGA compare as I've had fairly good success with them as well from a video card perspective.

I bought a new PC from another builder and implemented my own GPU which was a 3080 around 5 months. For some reason my computer recently has been having a lot of weird issues including the USB ports not reading on bootup, causing overloads and shutting down the USB ports and most recently I've started to see a flicker in the monitor. I'm thinking the reason may be either the motherboard is bad, the CPU is causing issues from the OC or I just don't have enough power from the PSU. Let me know what you guys think i really appreciate any help that can be given.

No. None of that has anything to do with the PSU. Probably the motherboard.