[SOLVED] Power Supply Clicky Noise Problem.

dimfotiadis04

Honorable
May 2, 2018
The noise is not coming from the fan because i can hear it and when i have the pc off but i have the power cable on the psu.I have a Cooler Master Masterwatt lite 500W 230V for 1 year and the problem has started 3 months ago.But if i have the pc shutted down for at least 8 hours the noise stops but after a 3 hour use of the pc,its starts again.If you want audio of the sound let me know.

*Sound:
View: https://youtu.be/g2r-N_J2ytY

Last edited:
Solution
Ok,yes i will replace the power supply with a 650watt corsair that i saw.Its 80+Plus Gold and i am saving money for an amd ryzen 5 3600x.Btw ty for advice but its not the hard disk because my PSU is far away from my hard drive.
Your welcome. I would get the 80+ gold corsair psu first before getting the 3600x then just sell the piece of crap power supply you have now for like 10 or 20 bucks on craigslist. I wouldnt want that power supply taking a 250 dollar processor with it. Also before you get the 3600x, make sure you update the BIOS to the latest version.

joeacejr15

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
The noise is not coming from the fan because i can hear it and when i have the pc off but i have the power cable on the psu.I have a Cooler Master Masterwatt lite 500W 230V for 1 year and the problem has started 3 months ago.But if i have the pc shutted down for at least 8 hours the noise stops but after a 3 hour use of the pc,its starts again.If you want audio of the sound let me know.

Can I have a noise clip of the power supply doing that? What processor and video card do you have in your system?

joeacejr15

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
I have a GTX 1660 ti and a AMD Ryzen 3 1200.(16gb 3000mhz Gskill RAm)
Btw he can i upload media?
Yes please upload the media. Upload it to YouTube.

Those components draw much less than the 500 watts of the power supply,so wattage is not an issue here.

You said you have a 230v power supply so I assume you are not in the United States? What country are you in?

joeacejr15

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
Here is the video
I am from Greeece
View: https://youtu.be/g2r-N_J2ytY
That is either the fan inside the power supply or the hard drive. Clicking noises like that remind me of hard drives so it may be that. I know its not exact but it could be it nonetheless. I would still replace the power supply with a reputable one such as Corsair, EVGA, or Silverstone. Make sure it is 80+ gold and around 500 - 750 watts. Make sure the power supply has a fluid dynamic bearing fan. While you are at it, I would replace the CPU with a Ryzen 5 3600 unless your just web browsing.

dimfotiadis04

Honorable
May 2, 2018
That is either the fan inside the power supply or the hard drive. Clicking noises like that remind me of hard drives so it may be that. I know its not exact but it could be it nonetheless. I would still replace the power supply with a reputable one such as Corsair, EVGA, or Silverstone. Make sure it is 80+ gold and around 500 - 750 watts. Make sure the power supply has a fluid dynamic bearing fan. While you are at it, I would replace the CPU with a Ryzen 5 3600 unless your just web browsing.
Ok,yes i will replace the power supply with a 650watt corsair that i saw.Its 80+Plus Gold and i am saving money for an amd ryzen 5 3600x.Btw ty for advice but its not the hard disk because my PSU is far away from my hard drive.

joeacejr15

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
Your welcome. I would get the 80+ gold corsair psu first before getting the 3600x then just sell the piece of crap power supply you have now for like 10 or 20 bucks on craigslist. I wouldnt want that power supply taking a 250 dollar processor with it. Also before you get the 3600x, make sure you update the BIOS to the latest version.

Solution