[SOLVED] Power Supply Connector (20+4 Pin) Won't Fit Into MB Slot

Jan 22, 2021
Hi everyone!

Building a PC and the strangest thing is happening. The 24-pin connector (it's split into 20+4) won't fit into the motherboard 24-pin slot.

The 20-part section fits just fine but the 4-pin part keeps sliding out. It has these little bulges on it that keep catching on the 20-pin part. Someone from the build a PC discord said the 4-part connector went on the bottom but it didn't even come close to fitting in the bottom (the patterns or whatever on the plugs didn't match).

Really at a loss here. Can the PC run with just the 20-pin connector installed? Should I grab a tweezer and see if I can pry off the little square bulges so it can fit in? Screenshots below...

AhAPSC3.jpg
'
tGVhQ7f.jpg

Solution
Yeah so I ended up solving it.

You have to like connect the squares into little sockets in the 20-pin so that they can all be plugged in at once, otherwise it won't work in either iteration (20-pin first or 4-pin first). I've never seen a PSU like this before lol (my nephew bought the part). Thanks!!
Jan 22, 2021
Yeah so I ended up solving it.

You have to like connect the squares into little sockets in the 20-pin so that they can all be plugged in at once, otherwise it won't work in either iteration (20-pin first or 4-pin first). I've never seen a PSU like this before lol (my nephew bought the part). Thanks!!

Solution