[SOLVED] Power supply Corsair VS650 compatibility

Solution
I have:
i5 2320 sandy bridge
16gb RAM ddr3
Radeon rx570 8gb
128ssd
500hdd
Quite old machine. Im buying this power supply only because of graphic card which I going to buy from my friend for good money (that radeon rx 570 as I mention above) - idk if its a good thing to doo, because other components are too old. Im not a gamer. Im playing occassionally CS:GO, PUBG and some indie games which does not need gaming PCs.
Actually Im home because of the pandemic, have a lot of free time, so im going to do little “tunning”.

You don't need a 650W PSU for that rig.
A great quality 550W will suffice. I'll recommend going with a Corsair CX550(2017,grey label) instead... much better choice compared to that VS650.
As long as you have a standard ATX case any PSU will fit.
Boyh the PSU motherboard use standard ATX connectors. As long as you don't have a proprietary board the PSU should be 'compatible' with the motherboard.

The more important question is: what are the other specs of your system?

Corsair VS is not the best PSU choice either... quite low quality + it uses an older geoup regulated design.

Apr 9, 2020
As long as you have a standard ATX case any PSU will fit.
Boyh the PSU motherboard use standard ATX connectors. As long as you don't have a proprietary board the PSU should be 'compatible' with the motherboard.

The more important question is: what are the other specs of your system?

Corsair VS is not the best PSU choice either... quite low quality + it uses an older geoup regulated design.

I have:
i5 2320 sandy bridge
16gb RAM ddr3
Radeon rx570 8gb
128ssd
500hdd
Quite old machine. Im buying this power supply only because of graphic card which I going to buy from my friend for good money (that radeon rx 570 as I mention above) - idk if its a good thing to doo, because other components are too old. Im not a gamer. Im playing occassionally CS:GO, PUBG and some indie games which does not need gaming PCs.
Actually Im home because of the pandemic, have a lot of free time, so im going to do little “tunning”.

Last edited:
I have:
i5 2320 sandy bridge
16gb RAM ddr3
Radeon rx570 8gb
128ssd
500hdd

You don't need a 650W PSU for that rig.
A great quality 550W will suffice. I'll recommend going with a Corsair CX550(2017,grey label) instead... much better choice compared to that VS650.

Solution