News Power Supply Deal Cuts EVGA's Modular 750W PSU to $80

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have never heard of EVGA GA series. They already have saturated the market with WAY WAY to many similar looking BRONZE and GOLD units.

I cannot find a review of this unit either, so I would not recommend it.
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. "GA?" asked my inner-monologue-voice, "when did a GA come out?"

Admittedly, the fact that it comes with a 10-year warranty is promising. Still, I concur; without a solid review, I'd be very hesitant.

deadbc77

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
I have never heard of EVGA GA series. They already have saturated the market with WAY WAY to many similar looking BRONZE and GOLD units.

I cannot find a review of this unit either, so I would not recommend it.
I ask EVGA in a live stream. EVGA Jacob's reply was, It's like the G3 G5 series just at more affordable price point.

The EVGA GD is supposedly striving to do the same thing, bring 80+ gold for cheaper. And I thought the EVGA G5 was also designed to bring lower prices than the G3, however it did so with lower performance?

They have way too many models confusing the market, some filling the same area of the market and competing against themselves.

Reactions: Darkbreeze
It's true, and since I wrote that tidbit about two years ago, it almost seems prophetic now since they are even worse about it than they were then. Of course, it's really not surprising since they've been trying to leave behind their partnership with Super Flower so they are likely refreshing their entire lineup. Seems like the higher end Super Flower units like the P2 and T2 are still available but they are now selling platinum PQ models made by FSP so I won't be surprised if there is a TQ model at some point either.

IF, I was inclined to buy a high end platinum or titanium model, it probably wouldn't be from them anyhow unless there was an amazing price on it but even then I might pass on these newer models as the probably active clamp topology isn't nearly as good as the Super Flower built units with their half bridge and LLC resonant converter design. Clearly, newer isn't always better.

sGI4BzM.png