[SOLVED] Power supply doesn’t work on motherboard?

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hey everyone, I like to flip PCs, and I’m flipping an old i7-860 PC right now. I just got the CPU cooler for it, and decided to plug in everything that I had and turn it on to see how noise was. I plugged everything in, and turned it on. It powered on for maybe 10 seconds, then shut off. I’ve tried the power supply on a different motherboard and CPU, and it works. What would be the problem?
Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-860
Motherboard: MSI MS-7613 Ver: 1.1
Ram: 8gb 4x2gb Samsung Ddr3 1333mhz
GPU: Gonna be a gtx 960 4gb, but is still shipping, so tried 650 TI when turning it on
PSU: Antec Truepower 550w (80 plus bronze?)

Solution
Different systems may have different power requirements.... it may handle a lighter load but this is too much. Could also be the PCEi lane is gone on the mobo.

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
So a little update, ive gone through a few troubleshooting steps. I plugged it in without a graphics card, and it worked fine, no turning off. It did give me 2 short and 1 long beep though, which I know means a graphics error. I7-860 doesn’t have an iGPU, so this makes sense. This problem only happens when a graphics card is in it. I tried 3 graphics cards: GTX 650 TI, GeForce 8600 GTS, and an HD 7570.
Also the motherboard, CPU, and RAM came out of Ann old HP prebuilt, but is a normal Micro ATX form factor.