power supply doesn't have PCI cord to power graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianca Marton

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
I'm not sure what I really need maybe you can help me so I bough a new graphics card that needs a power supply But I don't have a a free PCI cord coming from my power supply I only have this other cord is there an adaptor for this that will power my graphics card. I have attached a picture

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=sata&client=ms-android-alcatel&hl=en-US&prmd=insv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_ro-BkurNAhWBJJQKHQaKBRsQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=515#imgdii=e7TRv7MDJ_A_-M%3A%3BLtLOUxOjKRDbMM%3A%3BLtLOUxOjKRDbMM%3A&imgrc=LtLOUxOjKRDbMM%3A

+Bianca Marton I can certainly appreciate that you have a brand new graphics card that you're dying to play with ASAP, but you very likely do indeed need to purchase a new power supply. In order to confirm this, would you mind stating your full computer specs? CPU, memory, storage, power supply manufacturer and model #, old graphics card, new graphics card, etc. I presume that you're in Australia or New Zealand by the google link you supplied, so I'm aware that PC components are expensive there. If you supply the above information, as well as a website URL, that you're comfortable purchasing a power supply from, we can help you select one within your budget.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
they do make sata to pcie adapters but like the other types they are not a good idea to use. there is a reason the psu does not have the needed cable. the maker of the psu knows it can't handle the load so they did not include the cable.

as rcald noted we can easily help you find a new psu within your budget with the pc specs and a link to a store or 2. it's something we do all the time for our members here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.