Power supply eatx12v 8 pin question,,,,,,

tomandscooby

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
i got the evga 850w power supply and it needs the 8 pin eatx12v to connect to the power supply then 2 x 4 pin and the other side to connect to my motherboard for my cpu.

May I know wats is the disadvantage for only using 4 pin on the 8 pin motherboard cpu power?
Also, is there any 8 pin to 8 pin cable? if no, how can I use the other 4 pin on my motherboard?

and also 1 question that is related to my motherboard. I got a Asus maximus viii hero motherboard and only installed the lan internet for online. Now, my computer is working fine, so my question is. Do I need to install all other drivers? thank you

1. disadvantage of using 4 pin on my 8 pin for motherboard cpu power (asus maximus viii hero)
2. Is there any 8 to 8 pin eatx12v cable? if no, how can I use the other 4 pin on my motherboard?
3. I only installed 1 driver for my motherboard which is LAN (for online), do I need all other drivers? Thank You

Solution
that is the answer for the 4 vs 8 question
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1631485/motherboard-pin-eps-pin-eps-connector-power.html
The 2x4pin cable should connect to the 8pin socket. you connect them together to the 8pin. They are separated to make it easy to connect to motherboard that has only 4 pin.
You are "fine" with only LAN driver installed. To get the most, you probably want to install all drivers as they might unlock additional features. For example audio driver comes with management software that is not included in basic windows driver,
that is the answer for the 4 vs 8 question
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1631485/motherboard-pin-eps-pin-eps-connector-power.html
The 2x4pin cable should connect to the 8pin socket. you connect them together to the 8pin. They are separated to make it easy to connect to motherboard that has only 4 pin.
You are "fine" with only LAN driver installed. To get the most, you probably want to install all drivers as they might unlock additional features. For example audio driver comes with management software that is not included in basic windows driver,

Solution

tomandscooby

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016

Thank you for your reply. It is very helpful. :)

TRENDING THREADS