Maximus Formula VII
4x4GB HyperX Fury 1866mhz DDR3
Arous GTX 1080ti
2x200mm RGB Fan Cooler Master
1x140mm Fan Exhaust
1 7200RPM HDD
1 SSD
H500 Cooler Master Case
Recently I noticed that the system random shut down / freezing during gaming quite a few time.(Not everyday).

When i open my case for cleaning i notice that one the fan blade is broken. I quite surprised that how it could be broken as it never felt down nor anyone can put anything inside that PSU as fan always face downside of the table and the case PSU dust fliter is always there.

Just want to know can I RMA the PSU with Corsair.

After few month while gaming all of sudden my system got shut down and no more BIOS post, no display in the screen, Displaying the Motherboard Q-Code 55, i check my RAM in other system it working fine. CPU does heat up while i trun it on & all fan start as normal.
I tried with COMS reset & try to Flash the BIOS with onboard BIOS flash button with nothing installed but it always unsuccessful.

CPU & MOB warranty is over.

Any suggestion would be appreciable Regarding -
RMA of PSU with Corsair?
No Post Display on the screen.

Solution
ouch if it does not even spin you need to be worried.
better claim it and hope they will honor your claim.
Well, you can always say a lizard damage it.
I won't use that PSU because it could be a fire hazard.
Do the claim asap

simonyeeklang

Distinguished
BANNED
Aug 22, 2011
Hi,
Sorry to hear about the fan broken but you can always replace the fan just only thing is the Corsair PSU still under warranty?
Actually when you have broken fan should be taken action immediately and don't wait because that the component inside the PSU has overheated and also because the broken fan blade causes the PSU to draw too much power (Stability of supply).

To replace the fan you need to know the spec of the fan.
And then the opening, of course, is only 4 screws but the know-how is also important and just having a soldering iron and remove the connection point and solder in the new fan.
Don't take for granted that system don't overheat and also fan don't effect it.
All about power and control.

Reactions: Arabinda0007

Arabinda0007

Commendable
Aug 13, 2020
Hi,
Sorry to hear about the fan broken but you can always replace the fan just only thing is the Corsair PSU still under warranty?
Actually when you have broken fan should be taken action immediately and don't wait because that the component inside the PSU has overheated and also because the broken fan blade causes the PSU to draw too much power (Stability of supply).

To replace the fan you need to know the spec of the fan.
And then the opening, of course, is only 4 screws but the know-how is also important and just having a soldering iron and remove the connection point and solder in the new fan.
Don't take for granted that system don't overheat and also fan don't effect it.
All about power and control.
Thanks for the reply.
PSU is still under warranty.
But can i claim the Warranty considering all these facts.
Moreover PSU fan only spin during startup for few seconds, it doesn't even spin after hours of gaming secession.

simonyeeklang

Distinguished
BANNED
Aug 22, 2011
ouch if it does not even spin you need to be worried.
better claim it and hope they will honor your claim.
Well, you can always say a lizard damage it.
I won't use that PSU because it could be a fire hazard.
Do the claim asap

Solution
Corsair HX750

Recently I noticed that the system random shut down / freezing during gaming quite a few time.(Not everyday).

When i open my case for cleaning i notice that one the fan blade is broken. I quite surprised that how it could be broken as it never felt down nor anyone can put anything inside that PSU as fan always face downside of the table and the case PSU dust fliter is always there.

Just want to know can I RMA the PSU with Corsair.

Of course you can RMA the PSU with Corsair.

The PSU is overheating and shutting down because you have a busted fan.

A broken fan blade IS physical damage.

The PSU could have been thrown around before you even got it. Fan blade cracked and then the torque and centrifugal force of the fan spinning at different RPMs made the blade completely dislodge.

You're overthinking this.

Arabinda0007

Commendable
Aug 13, 2020
A broken fan blade IS physical damage.

The PSU could have been thrown around before you even got it. Fan blade cracked and then the torque and centrifugal force of the fan spinning at different RPMs made the blade completely dislodge.

You're overthinking this.
My concern is regarding Acceptance for warranty process by Corsair officials.

My concern is regarding Acceptance for warranty process by Corsair officials.

Why? Broken is broken?

The way you're acting about this, it's like you stuck something in the fan, broke it and now are trying to cover it up.

If the fan blade was broken and you didn't break it, what do you have to worry about?

Why are you asking people in forums instead of asking Corsair themselves if they're going to accept the warranty? Did you open the ticket already?

Arabinda0007

Commendable
Aug 13, 2020
Why? Broken is broken?

The way you're acting about this, it's like you stuck something in the fan, broke it and now are trying to cover it up.

If the fan blade was broken and you didn't break it, what do you have to worry about?

Why are you asking people in forums instead of asking Corsair themselves if they're going to accept the warranty? Did you open the ticket already?
I quite surprised that how it could be broken as it never felt down nor anyone can put anything inside that PSU as fan always face downside of the table and the case PSU dust fliter is always there.