Question Power supply fans spin once

Dec 7, 2019
First computer build ever so I'm a bit unknowledgeable and a little easily rattled. Seasonic 750 Focus+ Gold PSU came in, and it has a test clip that shorts the ON to ground pins. I hook up the power supply and with the pin, hybrid mode is not on, and the fans spin up once and stop. I understand that some PSU's are designed to spin less at lower temps, but I don't think it shouldn't be spinning at all... It sounds like an RMA issue, but wondering if someone can give me some additional insight to what might be going on here.

Lutfij

Titan
The paper clip/shorting method doesn't indicate how much power is being drawn from the PSU. The reason the fans doesn't kick in is due to the fact that the unit isn't being taxed enough, to warrant heat output from the components thus the fan doesn't spin up.

Might want to list your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

for good measure.

Also, welcome to the forums! :)

Dec 7, 2019
The paper clip/shorting method doesn't indicate how much power is being drawn from the PSU. The reason the fans doesn't kick in is due to the fact that the unit isn't being taxed enough, to warrant heat output from the components thus the fan doesn't spin up.

Might want to list your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

for good measure.

Also, welcome to the forums! :)

So this is my first build, so I actually haven't hooked anything up to it yet. The first thing I did was test the PSU right out of the box, and the manual said that the clip test should make the fans "start spinning." They don't spin. But then I did plug it into a PSU tester, and all the voltages were nominal.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/B9M6Dx

New one is a Cosair RM750x

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
for the RMx750 the fan spins once on each power up that is the test, your fans are fine then , with your system its very unlikely that you will ever see the fan spin even during gaming load your psu has a considerable headroom
Edit :I am confused here are you talking about the RMx750 or focus plus

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

TRENDING THREADS