Power supply for gaming pc

agustinlorenzo29

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018
Hey guys how you doing, i need you to tell me what power supply i need for this gaming setup:
amd fx 8350
motherboard: n68c-gs fx
msi gtx 1050 2gb oc

Is Evga 500w W1 80 Plus White good enough? tell me if yes

If not, wich one you recommend me?

Solution
My guess is it's running the CPU at a lower state to stay within the 95W limit. That or you are burning up the board and it will die any moment.

I honestly wouldn't bother upgrading this. Any money spent on this means money not spent on something good. Buy a good PSU sure because that can carry over to a new system. But buying a new AM3+ board is just a waste. (Maybe if you need one and you can get it used for $20.) I can't suggest a PSU as I don't know your budget or location.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

It will easily do the job , but it's not the greatest in terms of quality.

4745454b

Titan
Have you bought any of this yet? The board is super not good for the CPU.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157309

Support up to 95W Socket AM3+ processors

Supports AM3+ Processor, 8-Core CPU

Supports Dual Channel DDR3 1600 / DDR2 1066

Nvidia hasn't made chipset in a very long time. This board is ancient and will have trouble running your 8350. I'm not sure there were ever any 95W 8350s. You have a poor board, running an old CPU, with a PSU with suspect internals. I'd look for something better.

agustinlorenzo29

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018

This is what i have, i used to have diferent motherboard but something happened and i was forced to use this one.

Can you pick me a nice board for my 8350 and my incoming gtx 1050 2gb?, maybe a spu too for those?

agustinlorenzo29

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018

Why? and which one do you recommend? is ok the w?

agustinlorenzo29

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018

Im running the 8350 in this board this entire year, which one should i get? im about to get a gtx 1050 2gb oc

agustinlorenzo29

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018

w2E4Ryo.png

So i should upgrade, can you advice me?

4745454b

Titan
My guess is it's running the CPU at a lower state to stay within the 95W limit. That or you are burning up the board and it will die any moment.

I honestly wouldn't bother upgrading this. Any money spent on this means money not spent on something good. Buy a good PSU sure because that can carry over to a new system. But buying a new AM3+ board is just a waste. (Maybe if you need one and you can get it used for $20.) I can't suggest a PSU as I don't know your budget or location.

Solution

agustinlorenzo29

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018

What about this one? https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A78L-M-PLUS-USB3/
im in uruguay all i buy i get it from here https://computacion.mercadolibre.com.uy/fuentes-ups/fuentes/fuente-pc_DisplayType_G

4745454b

Titan
Should I answer this thread or the other one you made? Why are you opening more threads than needed? Seems to me your other thread needs to know the info in this thread. I know you linked it, but others might not read this far enough down to know your in Uruguay. That's needed info for them over there. Pick ONE thread and use it. You aren't looking for just a GPU. You aren't looking for just a board. You need parts for your SYSTEM. Don't make a thread for every part you need. They all need to work together, so you need ONE thread for the system upgrades. All the info stays in it and we can help you best.

Again, I wouldn't bother buying a new board. That's money spent that won't get you a new board that can run a new CPU. And you need to be focused on buying a new setup. If what you have currently works, keep using it.