[SOLVED] power supply for gtx 1080 with optiplex

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Oh, it'll power it, but at the same time have to potential to kill that 1080 and other things in your PC.
The 500w White is one of EVGA's cheap junk power supplies. The low price is not worth the cost of replacing parts should it 'trip'. Look elsewhere.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $69.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-30 23:05 EDT-0400

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Damn I bought it already I was gonna eat the EVGA 500 bronze but it was a matter of time and I needed it now ima be pissed if I breaks my 1080
That's one of the things about the cheap PSUs. They can go at any time. The power supply is the one thing in the PC users should not cheap out on.
It delivers power to everything in your PC.
Cheap units like that one tend to lack the necessary features that keep it from damaging the rest of your hardware should it ever decide to blow.
I'm no psu guru, so that's the best way I could describe this, sorry. I just know that it lacks things that would normally not put your other parts at risk.

You should return that, if possible. I can find something else if for some reason Corsair psus aren't available to you.