can i use Corsair vs450 for my hd 6850?
other specs
Phenom IIX4 955 BE @ 4.0 GHZ
2gb ram
Cooler master elite power 460 watts
ati radeon hd 6850

EzioAs

Distinguished
ok, but if you want a better psu, newegg has a sale on the antec high current gamer 620W for $59.99. If you plan to upgrade, better grab one of those fast. Oh, and please do not use the coolermaster elite psu. They have some serious problems

sunnk

Distinguished
that psu has only been launched in india and china that psu is known for its ultra quite and decent features that is an entry level and it had been launched for the budget builders its seem to be good its price is about 2k thats an nice point so your psu will be able to run single hd 6850.:)

http://tech2.in.com/news/power-supplies/corsairs-lownoise-vs450-psu-introduced-in-india/278982

and ha check first at hardware shop for more cheaper as i said u before ........ lol.

shikhar_rastogi

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

ohk......but i live in allahabad(uttar pradesh) and when i asked for HD 6790 price,most of the shops here told me the price of rs 12500 !!! can you believe it??! HUH!
so going to buy from theitdepot maybe or Nehru place....... :)

sunnk

Distinguished

oh sh** what ur talking about that price is about rs 5000 higher then mumbai. :pt1cable:

thomasAnderson

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
well according to AMD.com PSU recommended is 500 watt or higher for ur AMD Radeon HD 6850 graphics .
U must have 1 GB of RAM.
Installation software require CD- ROM drive, a keyboard, A Mouse and a display.

kevlarkev

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
As usual people are adding their random 2p without giving you a proper answers... :non:

460w will suffice on the basis your system is not already using most of the 460w i.e too many HDD's, FAN's, Opticle Drives ect ect...

The HD6850 is recommended at 500w by AMD and they base this on the average machines powers needs.

So that you can make your own accurate answer the facts are 75w is taken from the PCI-E lane MAX and on most boards and psu's combined you wont get more than 75w from a 6 pin connector. +150w

Use a simple power application to determine how much power your system draws from your 460w on full load before you go ahead.

Good luck

kevlarkev

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012

The OP did not ask 'DO I NEED A NEW PSU', he simply asked will his psu run his HD6850. The HD6850 is not a power hungry card and AMD boast that they have achieved this without sacrificing the performance.

Unless we own a HD6850, work for AMD or own a PSU shop like it appears you all do, then I think its best if we just stick to the question.

facts my friend, post me some facts not opinion.
I am trying to help OP understand his situation when his system crashes trying to run a GPU at full load on his psu.
Calling me out doesnt help OP either, and in the future stick to facts not heresay and bullshit
speaking from experience, we were all new to PC's and all that at one time; so it doesnt matter if we work at a pc repair shop.
I too suffered a bad psu situation when i was new to building, and thought 500w meant 500w; it doesnt always thats why we have reviewers that do that type of research for us
people come here to save themselves legwork when trying to compare hardware or just need of advice, so if i went above and beyond the normal duty and didnt answer his question how YOU want me too; then piss off.
=D

kevlarkev

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012

Yo balloon, from your reply I get the picture you are about 15 years old sat on mum and daddys PC?

Fact are what I have posted, Ooo while I have your attention would you like a link to my eBay page? I am selling lots of things?

You testicle :hello:

kevlarkev

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
HD6850= low power consumption and only 1x6 pin power and PCI-E x16 lane needed= a new PSU is not always needed. when he asks for links to a new PSU and reviews then we will PM you then- simple

kevlarkev

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012

Tom's Hardware is the most useful forum around and this post will no doubt show up in Google in years to come, so I stress the importance of sticking to the question and giving the helpful answer. not suggesting the OP's should go and buy another product to solve the problem...

Anyway a big pat on the back for going off topic with me :kaola:

shikhar_rastogi

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
FlintIronStagg and Kevlarkev .....stop arguing guys ! :p
and thanks for your opinions all of you ... :)
i will first see if i can run the hd 6850 with my current PSU or not....if yes then i will stick to the current 1 only...and if not then i will wait for 1-2 months and then get a new PSU ... SIMPLE! :)
Thanks to all of you :)

shikhar_rastogi

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

suggest me some power applications :/ :p