Question Power Supply for motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LX2 using graphic card EAH6450 SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP)

sdyson31

Honorable
Mar 31, 2014
Hi, I have a gaming spec machine which i only use for emails and browsing.

Recently, the psu blown up from a power surge. It had Corsair GS650W .

Now i am looking to replace it and wondering if i should go for 450W as i hardly use my machine ? I believe machine is using integrated graphic card with i7 processor and 16 gb ram.

I have gone through the following link and 450w can be used but i like to take second option from experts on this forum. Also, what are the good brands out there ? Should i stick with Corsair ?

http://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/Asus/Asus_P8Z77-V_LX2/2497/Compatible_PSUs

Thanks

This really depends on the gpu and cpu in the system.

Please check what they are. If you are using integrated graphics you probably will be fine with 450watts, but you need to make sure of that.

You should be able to check both gpu and cpu in task manager.

If the gpu doesn't show up there please look in windows search for " dxdiag " then look in the display tab.

sdyson31

Honorable
Mar 31, 2014
This really depends on the gpu and cpu in the system.

Please check what they are. If you are using integrated graphics you probably will be fine with 450watts, but you need to make sure of that.

You should be able to check both gpu and cpu in task manager.

If the gpu doesn't show up there please look in windows search for " dxdiag " then look in the display tab.

Thanks. I can't power my machine as there is no power supply.

There are 2 add-in cards there, but they looks quite bare.

The 2 add in cards are what is right under (or above? can't really understand if the image is flipped)
Do any of them have a seperate 8 or 6 pin power connector going to them?

Also, I would be able to know what they are if you take another picture of the back of the computer.