[SOLVED] Power supply getting hotter than usual ?

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
My power supply is a Cooler Master Bronze V2 450 watt PSU. I really like the performance of this PSU.
I bought it like a month ago and it used to run pretty cool for 20 days. Its been running hotter than usual since two days. I don't feel any smell or anything. The case is getting hot too.

I mounted it on the top with its fan facing the processor's heatsink (Processor's fan is an Antec A30). The processor runs on a maximum of 55 Degree on full load. My case doesn't support bottom mounted PSUs and it doesn't have vents on the top and bottom.

Also, the PSU fan runs really slow, and makes no noise.
Is there any way to make it run cool?

My specs:
Zebronics H61 Motherboard
Core i3 3240
GT 1030 GDDR5 EXOC White
Cooler Master Bronze V2 450 watt PSU
12 GB DDR3 1600Mhz (4GB Hynix and 8 GB HyperX Fury modules)

Solution
hi, fan on your PSU will run faster either when u increase power load, but with your curent hardware componnents its impossible to reach atleast 50% power load (225watts) or when u reach 55°C
you PSU is rated for 0-40°C for 24/7 use, but 55C shouldnt affect PSU lifespawn...caps are rated for atleast~85C
there are some ways to make it run cooler
  • buy air conditioner to reduce room temperature
  • replace case with bottom mounted PSU (its been years when they started to popup in market, so u can find cheap second hand if u got low budget)
  • u can also cut some holes in your case (on top part and rotate PSU to push air up through newly made case holes)

otherwise your PC pushes hot air outside and your PSU takes it back...
hi, fan on your PSU will run faster either when u increase power load, but with your curent hardware componnents its impossible to reach atleast 50% power load (225watts) or when u reach 55°C
you PSU is rated for 0-40°C for 24/7 use, but 55C shouldnt affect PSU lifespawn...caps are rated for atleast~85C
there are some ways to make it run cooler
  • buy air conditioner to reduce room temperature
  • replace case with bottom mounted PSU (its been years when they started to popup in market, so u can find cheap second hand if u got low budget)
  • u can also cut some holes in your case (on top part and rotate PSU to push air up through newly made case holes)

otherwise your PC pushes hot air outside and your PSU takes it back inside...theres not much u can do with that

Solution