[SOLVED] Power supply graphic card

May 13, 2020
Hi All,

So i putted some extra ram into my PC after opening him up.

Now I have a problem with my graphic card. (his-r9-280-iceq-x2-oc-3gb)
It seems when I add the power to the grapic card my computer fails to start up. Any reccomendations ? Are there any rules to plug the power to this graphic card.

Or maybe a better question : How do I know if my motherboard is damaged or my graphic card is broken ?

The ventilators are running when I don't add the power cables to my graphic card.

BTW : I can perfectly start my computer without power cable , but the graphic card isn't detected

Thanks in advance !

Greeting !

Solution
Ah, you didn't post your specs before, the rm850 should be plenty poweful enough. have you tried a different power cable? RAM shouldn't make much difference to overall power draw. Maybe your GPU or PSU is faulty? Make sure all the motherboards connections/cables are seated properly.

Diddly

Distinguished
Ah, you didn't post your specs before, the rm850 should be plenty poweful enough. have you tried a different power cable? RAM shouldn't make much difference to overall power draw. Maybe your GPU or PSU is faulty? Make sure all the motherboards connections/cables are seated properly.

Reactions: Tim_TheProblem
Solution

TRENDING THREADS