[SOLVED] Power Supply Immediatly Shuts Off after Power up

Oct 8, 2019
So for some context...
My little brother and I are trying to build a computer. We've built half a dozen in the past without too much trouble. This time, however, we have hit a wall. Here is the BOM for the build:
i7-7700k CPU
Gigabyte z390 MOBO
Corsair SF600 PSU
NH-L9i Cooler
860 EVO 1tb
Corsair LPX 32GB DRAM
Fractal Design Case FD-CA-NODE-202-BK
We build the computer once all the parts got here. But each time we would try to get the computer to post it would immediately turn back off. No beep. No post code.
Tried a different PSU I had laying around, same problem. Removed it from the case. Same problem. Removed the RAM same problem. Removed all connectors except ones needed to boot. Same problem. Moved it to a different outlet. Same problem.
After some research, figured it was either the MOBO or the CPU. Sent them back and ordered new ones.
Just finished rebuilding the computer tried to boot it up. Immediately shuts down again. Went through same troubleshooting steps as before. Same problem.
I am not sure what to do now. Could the PSU have burnt out the MOBO/CPU? Is there anything else I can try?
Thanks for any help you can think of.

Oct 8, 2019
The i7-7700K is not supported with the Z390 boards. Which Gigabyte Z390 do you have exactly?
Dang! I had chosen it because I was basing it off of someone elses build. But looking at it it may have been 8700.
This one:
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi (Intel LGA1151/Z390/Mini-Itx/M.2/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/Intel GbE LAN/HDMI/Gaming Motherboard)

Oct 8, 2019
Thanks man. Totally missed that. Hope I didnt damage it either! Guess we will see. Ill try and remember to swing back by to update when I know how it affected the MOBO.

Thanks for the fast reply.
Just as an update no damage was done to the MOBO from putting in the older CPU.

Oct 8, 2019

TRENDING THREADS