Power Supply Information.

Darrkwolf

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
I just upgraded my Graphics card. I was on a GTX 560, and now I have a 1070ti. However i also want to get a new Power supply to ensure that it doesnt burn out and to get the right connectors. (my old one is around 7 years old.)

I was looking at EVGA 750 BQ and B3, since the tier list has been removed for a while, is there any better PSU for a similar price?

I also have a i5-2500K, there are mentions of 4th gen compatible PSU, would a 4th gen compatible work with a 2nd gen processor until I update it?

Many Thanks

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
That psu is well reviewed. I have the corsair cx750m and love it. I don't know if it matters as far as the 2nd gen and 4th gen thing. I have moved power supplies tons and never had an issue. Took an old corsair 550 from a core 2 quad and ran fine on 4th gen i5. This was for testing and only used it a couple days though. Not sure what's up with those though because even when sorting out psu shopping online there is a haswell optio, but no other models like that.

A friend has this one and works really well. He paid like for 100$ for it and it's on sale.

Here is a great deal on the Thermaltake Toughpower TPD-0750M - SLI / CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Gold Certification and Semi Modular Cables Black Active PFC Power Supply Intel Haswell Ready (PS-TPD-0750MPCGUS-1) , https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-153-198
I found.