power supply issue?

yxd0018

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Built a new gig with seasonic 80+ gold 650W for 2 months. One night building had power outage. The next day I cannot power up the pc. There is absolutely nothing from PSU, MO, HDD.
Test PSU with paper clip method and the fan runs.
So not sure if it's really PSU issue.

yxd0018

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Pretty much eliminate the PSU. All voltages are fine and swapped with a working PSU still the same symptom. However I can clip jump start the PSU while it's plugging into MO. Thought it's switch issue, but swapping with reset cable yields the same result. That only leaves MO issue. Am I right?

PreevBR

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

Your PSU is of great quality, and has lots of protections which should protect it from causing problems, I remember my old computer got killed (Motherboard and CPU both died) because of a power outage, but in that case it was the network cable that caused the issue (Probably the router got high voltages because of a lightning struck or something, and the voltage was then passed to the cable..)

Anyway, when you press start button, any cooler (From PSU/CPU) starts spinning? Also, does the hard drives spin too? For me it sounds like a motherboard issue but the cause of it can be other things.

TRENDING THREADS