Question Power supply issues

Apr 12, 2021
Hey, i get a overclocking failed crash often on my pc i have a thermaltake 750w powersupply that is about 10year old.
pc specs.
i7-4820k
gtx 980ti msi
16gb ram
1tb hdd 118gb ssd.
2monitors.

im guessing that the powersupply is dying since the memory and other components are working just fine.
i just bought a

Kolink Modular Power 80 PLUS Bronze PSU - 700 Watt i know it isnt a good powersupply but that was all i could get. will i be able to overclock my pc with this?

Apr 12, 2021
That actually doesn't sound like PSU. PSU would be a reboot or shutdown.

That sounds like a failed overclock. But you're welcome to try the Kolink since you already ordered it.
From my readings the asus motherboard always says overclocking failed from any random turn off. Its a safw mechanism so the pc dosent break. People mentioned that this happens often when the powersupply starts to die and short.

From my readings the asus motherboard always says overclocking failed from any random turn off. Its a safw mechanism so the pc dosent break. People mentioned that this happens often when the powersupply starts to die and short.

Ok. You said "random black screen with everything still on" and now you're saying "any random turn off".

Black screen, blue screen, reboot, shut down... these are all very specific conditions and they can all mean completely different things, so confusing one with another does not help troubleshoot the problem. You don't say "shut down" when there's a reboot or "black screen" when there's a blue screen. Understand?

Apr 12, 2021
Ok. You said "random black screen with everything still on" and now you're saying "any random turn off".

Black screen, blue screen, reboot, shut down... these are all very specific conditions and they can all mean completely different things, so confusing one with another does not help troubleshoot the problem. You don't say "shut down" when there's a reboot or "black screen" when there's a blue screen. Understand?

Randomly the pc freezes then no signal. Then i need to reset the pc. Upon startup i get "overclocking failed" with default bios settings no overclock on anything. Usualy happens when the pc is under some use like gaming.