Question Power Supply malfunctioning

bilpopas

Reputable
Nov 22, 2017
Recently there was a power blackout. I turned off everything but as soon as the power came back, I turned on my pc immediately. My Computer turned on for a brief moment ( 2 seconds ) and closed. After that, I couldn't open the computer. In the next morning, when I tried to open my computer again, it worked fine with no problems. This incident happened 2-3 more times but not due to power outage. This time it happened when I closed the power cord and turned it on. When I close the power cord and turned it on my pc will open for a brief moment and close, but after some hours it will work properly. Does this mean that my power supply is malfunctioning? Do I need a new power supply ASAP. I would appreciate your opinion guys!

Update: (11/12/2021): I saw one particularly video on youtube {Link:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouQE01aG2vA
}. Nearly all the people in the comments below had the same problem with me. The PSU will open after hours everytime they closed it. In conclusion, I ordered a new power supply. I woudn't suggest Coolermaster power supplys to people reding this. They have expiration dates like dairy products. If you have the same problem with me, buy a new power supply.

Last edited:

bilpopas

Reputable
Nov 22, 2017
could be the power not stable right after the outage?

I turned the computer on as soon as the power was back. So it may have damaged the PSU. When I turned on the computer and It didn't open, no red light was shown in the motherboard. That's why I'm guessing that the problem is caused by the PSU. On the other hand, when I opened the computer the following day it started normally. So I don't know if it really PSUs fault.

TRENDING THREADS