Question Power supply may be messing with lights in my house

Oct 15, 2020
I recently got a new 750 watt psu upgrading from my old 450 watt one which was failing. Ever since i started using the new power supply its been causing the lights in the room next to the computer room to turn themselves on while the computer is running. The power supply is brand new so i doubt its failing but who knows. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Ralston18

Titan
So you turn on the computer and the lights in the next room go on - correct?

And, likewise, if you turn of the computer off (using the proper shutdown process) then the lights in the next room go off - correct?

Are you using any power strips, surge protectors, extension cords? Especially if crossing rooms

Things may be the other way around:

A home electrical problem may have caused or otherwise brought about a premature EOL (End of Life) for that original 450 watt PSU.

You need an electrician to check your home circuits, outlets, and switches.

Oct 15, 2020
No the lights dont go on the second start the computer. It happens randomly after the computers been on for some time. I can turn the lights off using the switch but they come back on after awhile. They stay off if i turn the switch off (this switch allows me to do that).

The old psu was plugged into a power strip and this one was for a bit. I moved it to a wall outlet when this problem first started.

And yeah im thinking ill have to have an electrician come check.