Question Power supply/Microstutters/Light Flicker?

Apr 5, 2021
Hello,

I have been dealing with micro stuttering in games on my new custom rig for a few months now and have tried almost every software related solution you could think of. I wasn't getting any micro stutters for the first few weeks of having the computer, then all of a sudden one day it appeared. It doesn't happen all of the time either. Sometimes I'll get a couple days of smooth gameplay then it'll come back. The weird thing is that when the micro stuttering is happening, the lamp on my desk will flicker, directly correlating with the microstutter. I thought it could be bad house power, but this would still happen when I set my rig up at another house (the microstuttering, not the light thing). My question is, is it POSSIBLE that my PSU could be causing fluctuations in my circuit that would cause the micro stutter AND the light thing? It's all very confusing but I am feeling like this has to be a PSU related issue at this point.

Apr 5, 2021
It's possible but it's hard to guess much more since you've told us nothing about your PSU or anything else about your PC.

Realized that as soon as I posted it, but was away from my computer, woops!

Specs are:

EVGA P2 750W
ASUS Z490-E
32 GB
i7-10700k

Lemme know if you need any more info. Also forgot to mention that Latencymon showed some issues recently but for some reason just now it says its fine..

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS