Power supply Mustiff 300xa 600w

valentin154

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Hello again, i want to ask about this psu, i dont know if the 600w are real or not, and in case it is a generic psu and the 600w arent real, is this power suppy be enough for:

Ryzen 1500x 3.5 / 3.7
8gb dram on one stick at 2800mhz
Radeon R7 260x 2gb ddr5
Western Digital 1tb 7200rpm
No SSD

Is this psu going to be good for my system or can it cause problems?

Image from google, is the same i have :
https://www.google.com.ar/search?q=mustiff+300xa+info&oq=mustiff+300xa+info&aqs=chrome..69i57j33l2.10556j1j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=PVvTMZYJ_TKEUM:

Solution
18A on the 12V rail? That's 216W..... That's total junk, and likely a fire waiting to happen.

What you have there is unlikely to even be capable of 200W sustained.

Even if they were misleading and taking the 3.3V and 5V etc and combining it all (which isn't actually how it works), that's still *barely* 450W (even that would technically be lying)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
18A on the 12V rail? That's 216W..... That's total junk, and likely a fire waiting to happen.

What you have there is unlikely to even be capable of 200W sustained.

Even if they were misleading and taking the 3.3V and 5V etc and combining it all (which isn't actually how it works), that's still *barely* 450W (even that would technically be lying)

Solution

valentin154

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
I ve been using that psu with an Amd a6 6400k dual core working at 4.1 ghz and i never got a problem, if i change that cpu to the ryzen, should i get problems?

The bottom line is that Mustiff unit is made by Codegen, which we know for SURE is one of the absolute worst manufacturers out there, much like those made for the Ultra brand that Tiger direct used to sell prodigiously.

What country are you in?

How much can you budget for a new PSU?

g-unit1111

Titan

But even EVGA and Corsair are known to sell manufactured garbage. Don't buy an EVGA WB or B series and definitely don't buy a Corsair CX.

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
point well made...sorry...but I've had great luck with the CX450 in my basic builds. They work great in Ryzen3/5 and Intel i3/i5 (non-overclock) with an entry level (~$150) GPUs.

Yes, for basic builds practically all of the CX units are fine. For use with systems that employ discreet cards requiring PCI (PEG) supplemental power, not so much. The EVGA W1, N1 and B1 units, I wouldn't use at all because there are better units in the same price range pretty much internationally.

Hey man, I'm trying to be a little more "go with the flow" around here ok. (Just kidding, well, kind of)

BUT, I DO have to say that a Z77 isn't my idea of a basic build, since that's supposed to be an enthusiast chipset used for overclocking and gaming. 'Sa matta' whichoo, using a CX in a system like that?

USAFRet

Titan

Gigabyte Z77, i5-3570k....worked fine for a few (4?) years. It was a build from 2012.
The CX went on the shelf for a while.

Moving stuff into the HTPC and switching parts around...poof...killed the board.
Oh well.