[SOLVED] Power Supply. Need suggestions guys! For my first time PC build!

wjcf1193

Prominent
Apr 23, 2018
Last time I posted, I've already bought some of the component/s (I lied, I only bought the motherboard on that time, Lol) for my first PC build. This is the updated one:

Bought:

GIGABYTE Aorus Z370 Gaming 5
Intel Core i7-8700k
Palit JetStream GTX 1070ti 8GB
G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz 16GB (2x8GB)

Class picture, so far (Say cheese!).
https://snag.gy/QOfopE.jpg

Planning to buy:

DeepCool MATREXX 55 Case
Seagate FireCuda 2TB SSHD
ADATA SU800 256GB SSD
DeepCool Gammaxx GT TGA Single Tower CPU Air Cooler
ASUS 21.5 VZ229H IPS Monitor
Logitech MK345 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

*Some additional fans if needed. (For cooling purposes of course)

Now, I'm stuck on what PSU to buy. Here's my top 4 choices, for the meantime (w/ cost):

EVGA SuperNova G+ 650W Gold 80+ - 6.3k
Seasonic Focus+ Gold 80+ 750W - 6.1k
FSP Hydro G 750W Gold 80+ - 6k
Seasonic Focus+ Gold 80+ 650W - 5.5k

I need your opinion guys! If you know any cheaper and much more efficient, fully modular PSUs, or these 4 is already good (need to pick 1, still), just let me know. Someone told me, "Don't cheap out on PSU". Planning to buy a Titanium 750 or 850 before, but they also told me, that's overkill on what I've wanted to do. Though, I wanted to save some money as well even I have a planned budget for it.

PS: The prices are in Philippine Peso. I'm a casual gamer, but well, I'm gonna spend it on gaming mostly (2010 - present games with High to Ultra High settings) 1920x1080 is enough for me. I wanted to use it on Adobe CC products too; such as Ps, Ae and Pr. Some 3D rendering software like Autodesk Maya etc., music recording software like Audacity, etc and animation applications like ToonBoom Harmony and Adobe Animate/Flash CC, etc. All of these are not on solid usage but more on a beginner-to-intermediate usage level only. Planning to OC in the future as well.

It's already long I think, so, thanks in advance!

if you are going to keep this system as is, or used in a system with similar TDP, 650w is perfectly fine.

personally, I would opt for seasonic focus + 750w or the FSP 750w. both companies are good PSU maker. 750w gives you a bit more headroom to handle future upgrades. we might see a upsurge in CPU power consumption if intel and AMD start adding more cores to their mainstream CPU lineup.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

Not even remotely necessary to go to 750W, as 650W is beyond sufficient for the components in question, even if some overclocking is involved.

wjcf1193

Prominent
Apr 23, 2018
Oh thanks guys! Thank you for the answers! Wew.. I'm going to save money for that.. My actual budget for the PSU is 10k (PHP), that is suppose to be for 750W-850W Titanium, but, thank you, and yes, I wanted to keep it like this for a long time so, I think I've decided. 650W Seasonic Focus+ Gold is the one. Although, still open to some suggestions if there's any, since I'm going to buy it next week. Thank you again! This site rocks!!!