Power Supply needed - HP Envy Phoenix Desktop 850-150qe

Chuck_36

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
Hello,

My PC will not power up at all. I am thinking the power supply has quit. What do you recommend as a replacement and can a moron like me install it?

Thanks,

Chuck Sanders

Solution
That specific model uses a standard ATX power supply. It should be straightforward to replace it with an off-the-shelf model.

Consider getting a Seasonic S12II 630 if you're on a budget. If you want a solid PSU that would work well in your next computer (in case the HP is totally bricked), consider getting a Corsair RM650x or an EVGA 650 watt GS, G2, or G3. For the EVGA models, get the one that's cheapest in your area. If they're all the same price, get the latest revision (G3 is the newest, etc).
That specific model uses a standard ATX power supply. It should be straightforward to replace it with an off-the-shelf model.

Consider getting a Seasonic S12II 630 if you're on a budget. If you want a solid PSU that would work well in your next computer (in case the HP is totally bricked), consider getting a Corsair RM650x or an EVGA 650 watt GS, G2, or G3. For the EVGA models, get the one that's cheapest in your area. If they're all the same price, get the latest revision (G3 is the newest, etc).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS