power supply not compatable????

leekendrick

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
I've recently purchased a corseair cx600 m and a LGA1155 INTEL B75 2*DDR3 mobo for a MITX build... but does not have a four pin plug to go to the mobo. I was told by the assisatnt at the shop id have no problems, psh. This is my first mini build. So if i need a new power supply could anyone suggest any? Thanks.

dariens007

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
i just looked up the power supply on newegg is this what you have?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

according to newegg this power supply actually Does have the 4 pin cpu connector for the motherboard. how it actually is on this power supply it is a 4+4, meaning that it is a 8pin power connector but it's split into two 4 pin connectors. it is for compatibility for motherboards that use either a 4 pin or 8 pin cpu motherboard power connector, did you double check? you shouldn't have to purchase another power supply at all, double check and make sure.

what is the exact model number of your motherboard? i can look it up to confirm.

Zachasaurs

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
the 4+4 is for gpus that use a lot of power but you can use it with the 4 pin mobo slot if you need and they fit. otherwise i would go back to the shop and ask them if you could look at one of the other power supplies and see if your missing a cable

leekendrick

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

That is my power supply in the link. It does have a 24 and a 8 pin but no singular 4 pin. Should i be okay to fit the correct 8 pin or 4x4 with no worries like dariens007 suggested?

TRENDING THREADS