Jun 14, 2020
I have a question with my power supply. I use the paper clip test on my PSU. its providing power but the PSU fan is not spinning. I know it's providing power because I did not remove the HDD cable and fan that connected directly to PSU and my HDD is operational and the extra fan (not the CPU_FAN or SYS_FAN) is spinning. But when I connect it properly to the motherboard (everything), there is nothing. No LED, HDD, any FAN whatsoever the computer is not turning on. Do I have a bad PSU if the PSU fan is not spinning or motherboard problem? Help.

Solution
is it a new PSU? if its fan isint spinning this probablly means that the fan broke down over stress, like a power surge, this could happen on older PSUs since those probablly didint have any protection againts it. The PSU fan should spin all the time by what i remember.

GroundZeros

Commendable
Jun 13, 2020
is it a new PSU? if its fan isint spinning this probablly means that the fan broke down over stress, like a power surge, this could happen on older PSUs since those probablly didint have any protection againts it. The PSU fan should spin all the time by what i remember.

Solution
Jun 14, 2020
I ended up replacing the PSU with Coolermaster PSU, the former PSU is Huntkey and 650 watt. Used it for 6 and half years without any problem before it busted. Quite a good performance I might say and definitely not overprice. It's PSU problem in the end. I guess when PSU fan is not spinning, it's always PSU problem. I saw people saying that new PSU model wont spin if its not reach the minimum power usage. But if you gaming and it still not spinning, you need a new PSU. Thanks for trying to help guys.

I ended up replacing the PSU with Coolermaster PSU, the former PSU is Huntkey and 650 watt. Used it for 6 and half years without any problem before it busted. Quite a good performance I might say and definitely not overprice. It's PSU problem in the end. I guess when PSU fan is not spinning, it's always PSU problem. I saw people saying that new PSU model wont spin if its not reach the minimum power usage. But if you gaming and it still not spinning, you need a new PSU. Thanks for trying to help guys.

Yeah. Huntkey can be solid performers for their price, but you can't expect that level of PSU to survive more than 5 years.