Question Power Supply replacement help!!

Apr 11, 2019
So just to give you guys some context: like two days ago my PC was working wonderfully and all of a sudden next morning it wouldn’t turn on. I tried different connections but nothing, not even my keyboard LED’s will turn on, so I asked a friend and he told me that most likely my PSU got toasted, I have been saving some money to upgrade my pc but (not that you guys really care but rn I’m moving to a different house and w/ school my budget is divided pretty tightly, however I am saving to get a better build) it might take me like 2-3 more months to reach my goal.

As of now I only need to get my old build working just for school and some entertainment (i.e. hw, moderate gaming like Diablo and Apex even tho my shit crashes and Netflix), so I would like to know if you guys know of any power supply that can be compatible and that would not be a heavy expense. So far my setting is as follow, please advise if you need more info, I’m fairly new at this. Thanks in advance people!

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-core processor

RAM: 16 GB

M.Board: Gigabyte 970A-D3P

Graphics card: Geoforce GTX 1050ti

And I do have access to a Microcenter (Chicago,IL). Thank you!!!

Eximo

Titan
Herald
Any ATX power supply available at Microcenter basically.

Even worst case, you would be looking at 95W for the CPU and 75W for the GPU. So Any 350-430W PSU would be about right.

Depending on what you plan to build in the future, you might want to size it appropriately for that. Unless you have another purpose for this computer when you build a new.

Apr 11, 2019
Any ATX power supply available at Microcenter basically.

Even worst case, you would be looking at 95W for the CPU and 75W for the GPU. So Any 350-430W PSU would be about right.

Depending on what you plan to build in the future, you might want to size it appropriately for that. Unless you have another purpose for this computer when you build a new.
Gotcha’, yeah honestly this build I think on re-selling the pieces or at least try to get some out of it, so pretty much this is kind of of an “emergency purchase” just so I can push with my current setting until my budget is finished. Any brand/or link for a good one that you would use w this setting? Thank you in advance! :)

Eximo

Titan
Herald
Well, at Microcenter, anything from EVGA, Thermaltake, Corsair will be adequate. If you want quality, look at Seasonic or the gold rated supplies from EVGA. Corsair RMx series is quite good.

Microcenter carries a few bargain brands as well. I don't know much about them.

The same generally applies out in the wild. EVGA makes some basic power supplies, but they aren't deadly. Same with Corsair, Thermaltake, Antec, any many others. But up in the $80-110 range is where you find the power supplies that you can expect to last a decade or so. Seasonic, XFX, Corsair RMx, AX, HX, SuperFlower, CoolerMaster (Europe), and several others.

A lot of companies are design firms only and use Seasonic, Sirtec, Channel Well Technology, and others to actually build their power supplies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS