Question Corsair vs EVGA power cables

patrickwulf

Prominent
Oct 11, 2018
My old power supply was going out so i bought a new evga power supply. After installing into my pc my towers fans as well as my 3 hard drives all stopped working. The bios recognizes my disk drive that’s on a different power strip than all 3 of the hard drives.

is it possible that my new power supply short circuited my 3 hard drives that we’re on the same sata power cable? And if so how can I recover the data on them cause I have information for school and work that I need
I am having the same issue but read the posts but kinda figured it was that but anyways my question is I have the sata cable for corsair and evga supernova but they look the same how can you tell which one goes to corsair or evga

I am having the same issue but read the posts but kinda figured it was that but anyways my question is I have the sata cable for corsair and evga supernova but they look the same how can you tell which one goes to corsair or evga
On the pins themselves, some will be square [] and some will be D shaped. The ones that fit will line up with the Sata/peripherals connector on the psu. No force necessary.

Actually, that's not always true. The connectors themselves are "off the shelf". Most companies aren't going to pay to tool a new mold just so their connectors don't plug into other companies' power supplies.

What does each of the cables say on the side of the connector that plugs into the PSU? They almost always have some sort of part number on it.

Note the writing on the side of this cable: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81gJoHEXHQL._AC_SX466_.jpg