[SOLVED] Power Supply size issue.

Tom_77

Reputable
Mar 16, 2016
I'am trying to find a power supply to support a gtx 970 gpu but my case is size restricted, I have the dell optiplex 5040 mini tower

optiplex_5040mt_primary.jpg

Does anyone know of a power supply that is small enough to fit in this case, yet supplies enough power :p this is the dilemma im in.

https://www.dell.com/support/manual...2798b9-2c5a-4dcb-87c3-8dc387625675&lang=en-us

this link may be helpful for finding the specs of my pc as i know from googling it myself there is not much information available.

Solution
Dell proprietary parts. The PSU only has a 4-pin CPU power cable and an 8-pin M/B cable. Everything else comes off the M/B. There's a Youtube vid of a guy upgrading his with a 315 watt model but you really should have a bit more for GTX 970. Even with this 315 watt upgrade the biggest card I'd pair with it would be a GTX 1650. It'd be money better spent to save and build a new system. Anyways here it is-
Youtube Dell PSU upgrade
Dell proprietary parts. The PSU only has a 4-pin CPU power cable and an 8-pin M/B cable. Everything else comes off the M/B. There's a Youtube vid of a guy upgrading his with a 315 watt model but you really should have a bit more for GTX 970. Even with this 315 watt upgrade the biggest card I'd pair with it would be a GTX 1650. It'd be money better spent to save and build a new system. Anyways here it is-
Youtube Dell PSU upgrade

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS