Power Supply Socket burnt

Sep 25, 2018
Long story short Power supply issues leading to computer turning on, GPU fan running at full tilt but no output signal to monitor and system would not post. Main power button won't even turn the system on or off just flicking the power switch on the power supply automatically turns it on. Went to get a new power supply when pulling out the old supply I found the CPU power socket top 2 pins had been burnt with one having a small puddle of plastic. Both pins are still intact though no loose connection, but my question is with this new power supply is it safe to even hook it up and attempt to power it on?? Or are my fears already pretty much certain and my Mobo is fried or at least the socket is???
UBz9ob8.jpg
qTJSqnx.jpg
xsuq6gL.jpg
nze6774.jpg

Sep 25, 2018
Well won't lie gave it a risk as the components were old and a new MOBO would require about 4 new hardware options I threw and old GPU in and gave it a go. And what do you know it works, been solid with no voltage fluctuation so far. Turns out that the old psu had a plastic fused socket I misstook for an 8 pin connector so they were actually 2 4 pins fused at a plastic joint. So I'm assuming them being so close caused the short across the gap. Here's hoping this one won't suffer the same issue being a copy cat model of the previous one.