Question Power supply starts then stops

May 24, 2020
My 2 yr old pc just stopped working, my power supply starts to turn on but clicks and immediately stops. I tried replacing the psu but it does the same thing. The motherboard does light up when I plug it in and there’s a light where the Ethernet is plugged in.

A month ago my hard drive stopped working and I’ve just been rolling with an ssd, does this seem like a pretty clear motherboard problem? I also took the side of the case off a month ago which may have allowed some extra cat hair and made the cpu hot but it’s been cleaned out and sprayed with pc dust cleaner and I put on fresh thermal paste. I don’t know if the fans are working.

This is my mobo...I can’t even find a SN on it for an rma. Should I just buy a new one?

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813145035?item=N82E16813145035

Is there an beep or led error codes on the mobo when you try to start?

Have you tried booting with just the integrated graphics of your CPU, it could very well be a bad GPU. To do this plug your monitor into the motherboards video out and remove your GPU from the PCIe slot.

May 24, 2020
I took everything off and it works with just the ram and cpu+fan, but it doesn’t work when I plug the cpu 8 pin power connector in.

Last edited: