[SOLVED] Power supply surges detected during the previous power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
I installed a 1060 and decided to play far cry 5 and when i was playing pc suddenly restarted and gave me this error message. Does this mean i have to buy a new PSU?
I have a 500w generic psu, so i guess its awful? i didnt get this error ever on gtx 750 ti
My specs: gtx 1060 6gb msi gaming x
i7-2600k 3.4ghz (turbo boost on)
16gb ram ddr3 1333mhz
H61m-e
generic 500w psu
windows 10
1tb hard drive

Solution
I got the same error with an ASUS MB and a cheap chinese generic PSU.
I replaced it with a Corsair RMx series and I don't get that error anymore.

So it does appear that the MB is detecting something....and being my voltages appeared correct with the Chinese PSU...I'm thinking it detects unstable voltages.

Regardless...I don't use substandard PSUs anymore and I would recommend getting a quality PSU like a Seasonic or Corsair.

A PSU that goes bad can damage your entire system.

So it does appear that the MB is detecting something....and being my voltages appeared correct with the Chinese PSU...I'm thinking it detects unstable voltages.

Regardless...I don't use substandard PSUs anymore and I would recommend getting a quality PSU like a Seasonic or Corsair.

Solution

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019

Alright, i'll buy a new one then, cause i almost messed my pants. I installed it today and dont want it to die right away.

generic 500w psu

9 out of 10 times the "anti-surge" is not the PSU. But if you have a "known generic" PSU, you might as well replace it just for peace of mind.

Is it safe to run games before i buy it tho? My mb has anti-surge enabled.

Enabling "Anti-surge" only gives you the message. It doesn't actually prevent the "surge". You can still kill your hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.