Question "Power supply surges detected.." keep appearing

Sep 7, 2019
"power supply surge detected during the previous power on. ASUS anti-surge was triggered ...".

i got this ASUS-anti thing because power outage in my area. it's been months and the this thing still happens every time i turn on my pc

how do i turn off this? i tried unplug the PSU power connector. turn on/off the power switch (behind psu) but it still happen
my psu corsair cs650M
IMG20190319164711.jpg

Sep 7, 2019
You turn it off in your BIOS.

Also, how are you "turning on" your PC? Just from the button on the case, or do you switch the power off to the PSU whenever you shut down?

I've tried turn it off in bios, indeed it disappear, but i wanna this keep enabled. And the problem appear again when i enabled it

It's the same no matter how i turn on my pc. The problem persist for months already. Most of it i just turning on with power button. But i'm sure i've tried the second ways

Well, what I'm suggesting is to never turn it on/off from the switch in the back or power strip, etc. because it will indeed cause that error to come up.

I always leave that feature off in the BIOS because it's more likely what you're seeing is a false report if it gives it to you on boot up. It can be caused by something as simple as the power good signal dropping out to early as the motherboard is shutting down, so the BIOS records it as a power loss.

In very, very rare occasions, it could actually be a defective board or defective PSU.

First thing I would do is re-check all of your connections. Especially the 24-pin to the motherboard. If the error doesn't go away, try another power supply.

But at the end of the day, there's probably no harm happening to either your PSU or motherboard. I know terms like "DETECTED A POWER SURGE!!!!!" sounds alarming, but it's just bullshit Asus software. It's almost meaningless.

TRENDING THREADS