[SOLVED] Power supply transistors

Dec 12, 2020
Silent pro 1000w cooler master
rs a00 80ga d3 model number

Please I need to. Find the transistors this power supply uses the one it had were removed long time ago, and I have no way to find the schematics or info about it

Solution
No.

Do not try to repair or restore a cannibalized PSU.

There was likely some reason that the transistors were removed. Reinstalling the transistors may simply make the PSU extremely dangerous once more.

Or some incompatible component and/or error in the restoration (for lack of accurate schematics or info) does the same.

PSUs are not made to be repairable.

Far easier, simpler, less costly overall, and more importantly much safer to get another known working PSU be it new or used.

Ralston18

Titan
No.

Do not try to repair or restore a cannibalized PSU.

There was likely some reason that the transistors were removed. Reinstalling the transistors may simply make the PSU extremely dangerous once more.

Or some incompatible component and/or error in the restoration (for lack of accurate schematics or info) does the same.

PSUs are not made to be repairable.

Far easier, simpler, less costly overall, and more importantly much safer to get another known working PSU be it new or used.

Solution
Dec 12, 2020
Ok - that doesn't make any sense. Why taing the PSU to a technician just so he can give you replacement capacitors and remove the main transistor? Why was that transistor removed in the first place?
There were damage due to a power surge I think can't remember, it was a long time ago he gave me all the damaged parts I just lost them D:

There were damage due to a power surge I think can't remember, it was a long time ago he gave me all the damaged parts I just lost them D:
This lead you with two major problems:
  • You neither have schematic nor the name of the transistor. That mean you don't know what characteristic limits to look for when purchasing a replacement model. You even cannot know if it is a BJT or some field effect transistor (well - you can - strictly speaking - guess if you know the circuitry or IC that feeding the base/gate of the transistor device but still lack inforation on characteristics limits).
  • You don't know what other components may be damaged, and without a schematic, it's very difficult to spot unless you remove each one for separate tests.
Boiling down to - you can always replace visible damaged electrolytes, and even have a (qualified) guess for a transistor type - but still you cannot know if it will even work (either because more damaged components of wrong kind of transistor) or - if it work, then will it work for long?
Just putting some random transistor on place - gives a very poor chance for hitting the right type on first try.

And therefore - unless you're capable of reproducing a rough schematic based on the pcb traces and being able to tell what kind of transistor should be used, I'd recommend you to just put this project on ice.

Board level repairs on a PSU are recommended against. If parts inside the PSU are damaged, you replace the PSU.

Never mind the fact that that PSU is sooooo old.

Besides, if you don't even know what parts you're replacing, how are we to trust you know how to replace them?

But in case you're curious, the only thing close to a complete teardown of that PSU is here: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/cooler-master-silent-pro-m2-1000w/4.html