Power Supply Unit Stability

Andrei Haiu

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014
Hey friends,
I wanted to see my PSU stability since my computer crashes when playing game that requires high resources like BF3,MOHW,L4D2 etc.It crashes to a solid color and I have to hard reset the computer from the power button.The temperatures are ok(GPU-60C max, CPU-55C max).
My PC specs are:
EVGA GTX660Ti SC 3GB GPU
Intel i5 4670 3.40Ghz CPU
Gigabyte B85-HD3 MotherBoard
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB RAM
Inter-Tech Combat Power 550W PSU

I ran FurMark Stress test and it didnt crash but i noticed that the voltages are wrong :
Capture.png

My PSU is not good for my system right?It is not enough?My GPU requires on the +12 rail 24A and this PSU has only 18A.
My GPU driver is 337.50.
Any help is appreciated!

Solution
Check your BIOS Hwmonitor is very unreliable , if those were your real voltage readings it wouldn't run at all.

Your power supply is very very poor quality and does need replaced.
more likely your psu has multiple 12v rails and not just one18A. for accurate voltage reading better try through bios!also check if your psu is overheating or making any wierd noising while under load or stress test. it wouldnt be operative with such way off voltages! anyway if you upgrade, make sure you upgrate to something better! a true 550w quality psu would have about 40A combined on the 12v rail and would easily run your setup!dont compromise your setup with low quality psu!

Andrei Haiu

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014

Alright I checked the BIOS and I only enabled the XMP profile from 13.33 to 16.00 and there is a picture with the voltages:
20140413_153346.jpg

Thanks!