Power Supply Upgrade for HP Compaq Pro 6305 sff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
That was a thread I replied to, however, your case and that one has something I did not notice, the power supply plug is offset in the case. You would need to find a PSU that will fit fully into the rectangular opening and inside the case. Not very likely you will find anything usable. I'd sell the system and get a tower one if you want to install a better video card and power supply.
That was a thread I replied to, however, your case and that one has something I did not notice, the power supply plug is offset in the case. You would need to find a PSU that will fit fully into the rectangular opening and inside the case. Not very likely you will find anything usable. I'd sell the system and get a tower one if you want to install a better video card and power supply.

Solution

sidswlan

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

Thanks for the reply; I already have a Dell E520 from 2008 that I use for gaming. Windows 7 experience score is 5.5 on that one. All I want the graphics card for on the 6305 is to drive up the 4.8 score I'm getting. I've already thrown a quad core at this thing, and upped the memory ante to 16Gb. I may as well not sell it now. These are all over the web being sold as refurbished units and i couldn't pass up the 85 buck deal I got. I'll get a sff graphics card for it, the question is how many watts will it draw from that lousy 240W PSU it has.

Maybe I can mount a PSU externally somehow. It wouldn't be pretty, though.

Why do you care about that benchmark score? It's not a very good benchmark and if the system runs fine for what you use it for, spending time to get the score up a point is silly.

Why do you care about that benchmark score? It's not a very good benchmark and if the system runs fine for what you use it for, spending time to get the score up a point is silly.

sidswlan

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

When you tell me why you need to know "why", I'll tell you. This is finished man. And you're an a**hat.

USAFRet

Titan

And this is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.