[SOLVED] Power Supply Voltage Issue

I am running a ridiculous 3-Way Crossfire for MSI Armour RX 580s(Link Below) And A single rail 12V Cooler Master V1200 (1200W) PSU I heard that if you don't have enough watts your system could catch on fire and thats a worry, Help?
GPU:
PSU:
Mobo:
CPU:
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-3600

Solution
Your PSU is a great quality one and 1200W is plenty to power 3 580s in crossfire(though I don't really get the point in running that many cards).

Generally low/really low quality PSUs do catastrophically fail("catch on fire" is really colorful... some do that though). These better units have working OPP(Over Power Protection) that'll gracefully shutdown the PSU in case of too much power draw(usually over 110% of the capacity).

More often than not, geat quality PSUs can even sustain a load above their rated maximum power output.

Still, your total system power draw is well within the limits(I don't see it drawing more than 900-950W in a worst case scenario) and your V1200 should handle the load just fine.
Your PSU is a great quality one and 1200W is plenty to power 3 580s in crossfire(though I don't really get the point in running that many cards).

Generally low/really low quality PSUs do catastrophically fail("catch on fire" is really colorful... some do that though). These better units have working OPP(Over Power Protection) that'll gracefully shutdown the PSU in case of too much power draw(usually over 110% of the capacity).

More often than not, geat quality PSUs can even sustain a load above their rated maximum power output.

Still, your total system power draw is well within the limits(I don't see it drawing more than 900-950W in a worst case scenario) and your V1200 should handle the load just fine.

Last edited:
Solution