power supply.....

hi all,

can anyone tell me the name of a 350 watt power supply that is
compatible with a compac presario 5000.

i have an antec 350 watt power in my intel/gateway pc. i was going to
but this same one for my kids presario 500 and was told by antec that it
will not work in a comapq. antec is not compatible with compaq.

im hoping there is one available at bestbuy.

bob brozewicz.

I'm afraid that most of the 5000 series used proprietary power supplies that
can't be replaced with standard psu's.And Compaq didn't make any above 250
watts.It's why I'm looking for a new computer rather than upgrading my
5423US,250 watts just isn't enough .

Gojira wrote:
> I'm afraid that most of the 5000 series used proprietary power supplies that
> can't be replaced with standard psu's.And Compaq didn't make any above 250
> watts.It's why I'm looking for a new computer rather than upgrading my
> 5423US,250 watts just isn't enough .
> "bob brozewicz" <brozewicz.rf@verizon.net> wrote in message
>
>>hi all,
>>
>>can anyone tell me the name of a 350 watt power supply that is
>>compatible with a compac presario 5000.
>>
>>i have an antec 350 watt power in my intel/gateway pc. i was going to
>>but this same one for my kids presario 500 and was told by antec that it
>>will not work in a comapq. antec is not compatible with compaq.
>>
>>im hoping there is one available at bestbuy.
>>
>>bob brozewicz.

im beginning to dislike compaq. i may be lucky. im upgrading my kids pc.
im replacing the nvidea card thats in it with a little better ati card.
so i really may not need it. i hope, the system has a 250 watt power
supply in it now.