Power surge has blown up my PC? Starting but not connecting to monitor

Dec 30, 2018
Hi guys/gals,

So I was playing (gaming) on the PC. As it's winter, I had my electric heater on using the same extension lead. To turn it off, I pulled it from the plug directly (like I have done it 100 times before). Then suddenly...

BANG! Big electric spark from the heater socket as I was unplugging it and it gave me a very minor electric shock. Everything in my room turns off including a few things in the house.

Went to the fuse box and flipped it and everything turns back on.

I turn my PC on and it does not connect to my Predator 4k screen. "No signal". The screen goes completely black.

I've tried turning it on and off, and unplugged it and plugged it in again. I thought the sudden surge of power may have damaged my PSU so I swapped it out for a completely new one (EXACTLY THE SAME MAKE AND MODEL)... same issue. It's not the PSU I don't think. Oh I didn't swap all the cables because that's a ball ache to do.

When I turn PC on, everything sounds as it should. Fans are whirling, things inside the PC are lighting up and the normal beep comes on. Except now, there's an additional higher frequency beep....only 1 short beep. When I turn my PC off by the off button, normally I have to hold it for a few seconds to switch it off....NOW, it switches off instantly...as though it's not even fully started.

My specs are below for your reference but any ideas on what I need to do or change or whatever. I do have a decoed

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Formula

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel i7

PSU: EVGA 850 P2

RAM: TridentZ 16GB (2X8GB)

Anything else you would like to know please ask but I am totally unsure on what it is.

EDIT: After plugging in all the components (keyboard mouse etc), and starting it the second higher pitched beep doesn't occur.

But still no connection to the screen