Question " Power Surge on USB " error on laptop ?

TheMightySquelch

Commendable
Mar 25, 2022
Repasted my Lenovo Legion 7 Gen6 the other day with PTM7950 (finally got one) and everything was doing all right after. I ran a 20min "Bench CPU" on CPU-Z (yeah, yeah, yeah) and temps were going down. Left it on idle for around 10mins then played Apex (Yeah, I know...) around 30mins in wireless mouse begins to go whack and couldn't move but by keyboard only.

So I exited the game and got a notice about "Power Surge On USB....", so restarted the Laptop and there it was, USB ports were not working, keyboard was unresponsive but the iCUE light was working. Could not enter password but the FN keys were functioning. Got to enter WIndows by on-screen keyboard but once inside, no keyboard nor even a cursor,

Tried the disconnect battery option and power on/off, no go. I can go in to the BIOS but inside, just the cursor, no keyboard. Cannot perform a clean install since USB ports not working. Hadn't tried the HDMI though. Wireless mouse was working alright on a different laptop.

The questions, any solutions I could try that fits with the conditions? Or is it a motherboard issue and I'm screwed?