Power Surge to my PC now no longer starting

May 25, 2018
So recently I plugged in a HP Printer Laserjet fairly new and nothing wrong with it. Only the thing that had happened was I plugged it into the same wall socket just above where my PC is plugged in and my breaker was tripped. My witness claims to have seen "sparks" of some sort coming from my PC and it instantly was shut down along with the power along that wall. Now I have replaced the PSU cleared my CMOS moved every component into a new case replaced my CMOS battery etc. And nothing is turning my PC on. The mother board has no lights on it no matter what the Psu I replaced the old one with will function outside of the unit but inside it will not run. I've also ran a test with no Gpu only the motherboard and psu and cpu being plugged in and the power switch of course. Still nothing worked now I didn't have any ram in but I figured I'm looking for signs of life not an actual boot. I think my motherboard is shot sadly. My specs are MSI Z170a Pro Gaming Carbon Mother board Amd Radeon R9 390x GPU and an I5 processor I can't remember the exact specs along with a 16gb of ram DDR4. I have no CD ROM or anything extra and this is a desktop built PC. Anyone got any help before I order a new PC?

Solution

Here are some basic troubleshooting steps for you to try getting your PC to start up. Make sure the problem is not the wall socket where your PC is plugged in not working anymore.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
May 25, 2018
There are no burn marks anywhere on the board and I didn't see any on the Psu the one that was running when this happens works outside the case meaning the fans spin. The new one same thing but won't power on in pc

Here are some basic troubleshooting steps for you to try getting your PC to start up. Make sure the problem is not the wall socket where your PC is plugged in not working anymore.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Solution