Power surged monitor turns on but no video

Sep 16, 2018
A few months ago my PC and Monitor were power surged and stopped working. The monitor still turns on and shows startup but will not show video when plugged in. Is it possible that the HDMI port was damaged without hurting the monitor itself? (Tried different cables) Would it be worth trying different connections (DVI, VGA) to see if it was only the HDMI port affected? It seems strange that the monitor would still turn on but not show video when my PC was destroyed by the surge. Monitor is an Asus VS228H-P. If someone could help with this I would appreciate it. Thanks

Likely a PSU issue from the power surge causing damage. It is possible that other components took some damage as well. If possible to try another power supply in your system try that. Before you do that clear C MOS by unplugging pc from wall and removing battery on MB for 10 min. Reinstall and try to see if it starts

Sep 16, 2018

Since the power surge I have built a new PC and I have been using it for months on a new monitor. The problem will have nothing to do with the PC itself. Just wondering if I would be able to use it as a second monitor. Perhaps I should have been clearer about that in the original post. Thanks for the reply anyways.

TRENDING THREADS