Power surges affecting computer

pathos3727

Honorable
Sep 22, 2017
Hi my name is zach,
I have a PC I built myself, I have a 1000w corsair power supply powering all my goodies inside....

I think I am getting power surges, I have no idea....my computer is awake when I come home from work and I have told it to go to sleep. I checked in the settings somewhere ( i cant remember where, its been a long time) but I seem to remember it said the reason was "Power on button" ......I think I am getting power surges that are waking my computer from sleep? This is my theory...
I have it on a 30$ surge protector I got from walmart.
Any suggestions that I can get to the bottom of this, find out if it is caused by surges, and fix the issue and prevent any damage to my system? I love my computer but its always on even when I tell it to go to sleep.....and I dont think thats healthy...

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Zach

Reactions: mardabo

mardabo

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015
Hi my name is zach,
I have a PC I built myself, I have a 1000w corsair power supply powering all my goodies inside....

I think I am getting power surges, I have no idea....my computer is awake when I come home from work and I have told it to go to sleep. I checked in the settings somewhere ( i cant remember where, its been a long time) but I seem to remember it said the reason was "Power on button" ......I think I am getting power surges that are waking my computer from sleep? This is my theory...
I have it on a 30$ surge protector I got from walmart.
Any suggestions that I can get to the bottom of this, find out if it is caused by surges, and fix the issue and prevent any damage to my system? I love my computer but its always on even when I tell it to go to sleep.....and I dont think thats healthy...

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Zach
Hi there, I'm not at all techy but I manage to keep going without any blue screens. I've been discovering my computer has been waked up and it's very puzzling. I searched out all the info I could and when I thought I had it fixed it would happen again. Well, just now I'm sitting at my pc, which has slept overnight without incident, and taking my morning meds before turning on my pc. It was around 70 F last night so my window aircon was not yet cycling at 9 am. I suddenly hear the compressor engage and at that same instant my pc wakes up! I'm thinking a drain in the power (they're on the same circuit) caused my computer to sense some change thus causing the wake-up. If I'm correct I wonder what the fix will be.