[SOLVED] Power switch bezel mount plastic?

Dec 30, 2018
I know this is an old thread I am refereeing to

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/358688-31-power-switch-power-supply

or similar switch to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/ATX-case-power-switch-Corpco/dp/B017F4N5Q4/ref=sr_1_34?srs=9824684011&ie=UTF8&qid=1546196006&sr=8-34

...But the only one I found indicating a highly similar Case Power Switch. I am wondering if anyone can direct me where to find the mounting bezel that snaps into case frame and holds this size and form of switch on case frame. At least direct me to the proper size and name of the switch. I tried looking through a DigiKey catalog and never found anything that would fit. In the attached image (if it get displayed), the switch on right bezel broke, in tact one in place on left.

open

Solution
Yeah, the 300 is a very old model replaced by the 300 Two. They sent me several switch sets for my 900 model cases but they were still shipping then.

The original 300 had lots of people with broken start switch problems, probably its biggest issue.

If the button is not completely broken, I would switch the power and reset wiring and start it with the reset since you will rarely use the reset.

RealBeast

Titan
The only place that I have found to get case parts for this sort of repair is directly from the case manufacturer. If it is a name brand and not too old I've found most companies will send replacement parts, both Antec and Lian-Li for example have sent me replacement parts for free.

Dec 30, 2018
Thanks.

It is an 6-7 yo Antec "Three Hundred" Case. I tried their support a while back and was sent an email stating they did not provide parts and included a link/ad for new cases...

Visited Antec website again today and the parts list is there for the "Three Hundred" but no power Switch listed. I snooped around on Antec's website for parts and they only have a Power Button for the Nine-Hundred case...which is not the same style of switch, nor has the plastic bezel.

A bit more research here on Tom's and I see at least one other thread back in 2012 of the case having a faulty power switch.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/339012-28-antec-power-button-horrible

My switch works, but a year or so ago, I just had to remove the front cover to access it, then realized that mount bezel was what was causing the switch to drop inside of the front case cover.

Just in case someone else chimes in, here is a link to Antec's how to change switch for a 302 case. The same configuration on my 300 case.
http://support.antec.com/support/solutions/articles/1000180311-302-power-reset-button-removal

RealBeast

Titan
Yeah, the 300 is a very old model replaced by the 300 Two. They sent me several switch sets for my 900 model cases but they were still shipping then.

The original 300 had lots of people with broken start switch problems, probably its biggest issue.

If the button is not completely broken, I would switch the power and reset wiring and start it with the reset since you will rarely use the reset.

Solution
Dec 30, 2018
Thanks RealBeast.

Yeah, I considered that also. But currently having other MS Win issues with PC - will look in the forum on that or start a new thread. So right now I am using the reset because it is the only way out of whatever is causing the PC to freeze up (random loss of mouse & keyboard- both USB).

I will try my local mom & pop electronics store later this week. The may have something that can be used. What bugs me is I have worked on CNC Machinery and found really obscure switches and related parts similar to this bezel mount. Probably identifying the exact type of switch and manufacturer will be helpful if it has any marking on it.

RealBeast

Titan
It's difficult on that case, but on some you can use sheet plastic cut with an x-acto knife and some super glue to rig up stuff like switches and fans. Good luck with the parts shop.

I do have one case with a hole in the front and a switch hanging out with no cover or anything -- pretty ghetto considering that it houses some expensive parts and 8 x 8TB He drives on an Adapter 8805 card. :lol: