Question power Switch with new gpu

Mar 5, 2019
since I installed new GPU now when I shut my pc down I have to reset the psu switch before the power button will work. and sometimes my display will say out of range when I go from pc sleep mode to power on, then I turn the pc off and have to reset psu switch to get the pc back on and don't get the out of range display on my monitor any help would be nice.

z170m extreme4 motherboard
i5-6600k oc to 4.4ghz
went from a gtx 960 2gb to a rtx 2060
EVGA 600 B1, 80+ BRONZE 600W
16gb G.skill aegis 2400 MHz ram

edit: also this was not a problem until I switched from an hdmi to a displayport cable to enable freesync on dell 27in gaming monitor D2719HGF.
I turned off freesync and don't have the issue but is it possible that the monitor im using could cause the issue of the pc not powering on until I reset the power switch on the psu?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Did you uninstall your GPU drivers before removing the GTX960 and then reinstalling with the latest drivers after dropping in the RTX2060? How old is the EVGA PSU? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Lastly, please mention the version of the OS you're on.

Mar 5, 2019
Did you uninstall your GPU drivers before removing the GTX960 and then reinstalling with the latest drivers after dropping in the RTX2060? How old is the EVGA PSU? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Lastly, please mention the version of the OS you're on.
I unfortunately did not uninstall the previous drivers, I did a clean install once I swapped the cards out from GeForce experience. The psu is 3 years old. I am using windows 10 and the motherboard bios are up to date.