Power to USB, but nothing else.

Joey M

Honorable
Dec 8, 2014
I've had trouble starting my PC for a while and figured it was the motherboard because I swapped every other part. I ordered a a Z97 pc mate. It came in the mail today and I transferred all of my components to it. My system wouldn't turn on or show any signs of life. I further inspected the motherboard and realized it came pretty bent.

So I transferred all my components onto my old Mobo. My mouse lights up, but when I press the power switch it doesn't turn on, not even for a second. I went through many troubleshooting steps including shorting with a screwdriver, removing other parts, trying different outlets, but nothing worked.

I tried things I found online and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I need a PC running as soon as possible.

Solution
Hello Joey. If there is an onboard power button, try that with all of the necessary components. Just be careful, because, you know, electricity is everywhere. If that worked, be sure that the case’s power button is plugged into the appropriate slot in the mobo (should be in manual)

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
Hello Joey. If there is an onboard power button, try that with all of the necessary components. Just be careful, because, you know, electricity is everywhere. If that worked, be sure that the case’s power button is plugged into the appropriate slot in the mobo (should be in manual)

Solution

g-unit1111

Titan

You mean as in bent pins on the motherboard? If it came shipped that way I would take it up with the seller. Sounds like you got a damaged CPU socket there.