Question Power Up With No Video and Power Glitch

Aug 15, 2022
New build and when we turn it on the system powers up and all the fans and lights are running. The monitor doesn't register any output and nothing shows up on the monitor. It is kinda like it isn't detecting the tower is connected. Also, every 30 seconds or so the power seems to glitch and there is a quick loss of power with a quick beep and then everything runs like before. I have checked the monitor on another system and it works fine. I'm at a loss as to what is going on but am feeling like it is something with the graphics card?? Any help would be appreciated.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
So, super quick search around here:

Z390 AORUS ULTRA (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

shows that this motherboard most likely shipped with a BIOS that supported 8th gen CPU. The first downloadable update there is F3. The 9700 wants F7 or better.

You would need to find a person or shop that has an 8th generation Intel CPU which is on the compatibility list linked above and check operation with it, and update BIOS. You may find an enthusiast or shop nearby that will do it for you. I recommend mom and pop where possible on shops. If you had to do Geek Squad, you could pretty much buy an earlier chip and try for yourself.

Aug 15, 2022
Ok that makes sense. One other question is what if the mother board is only a LGA 1151 chipset and not the LGA 1151 (300 series) like the CPU? I'm seeing conflicting information from where I bought it and what is on the box.