[SOLVED] power usage for gtx 1650 and fans

Mar 3, 2022
hi people , i wanted to know about gtx 1650 power usage while gaming .
it ways that it needs 100w , and in gaming it can go up to 180w , is this ok ? and safe ?

and one more thing i use afterburner while gaming , i mostly put it around 50 - 65 % (not more than this) are the fans going to be ok ? and they won't brake or get damaged ?

Solution
am i right ? we are safe ?

You're safe. Since for the ~30mins you've kept HWinfo64 running, max what your GPU has pulled, is 67W, and that is completely normal for 75W GPU.

Also, CPUID does look strange. Though, i don't use it. Instead, i use: HWinfo64, CPU-Z, GPU-Z.
Mar 3, 2022
You're safe. Since for the ~30mins you've kept HWinfo64 running, max what your GPU has pulled, is 67W, and that is completely normal for 75W GPU.

Also, CPUID does look strange. Though, i don't use it. Instead, i use: HWinfo64, CPU-Z, GPU-Z.
thanks man , how about the fans ? are they good ?

((( and one more thing i use afterburner while gaming , i mostly put it around 50 - 65 % (not more than this) are the fans going to be ok ? and they won't brake or get damaged ? )))

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
how about the fans ? are they good ?

2500 RPM +/- 10% is normal for GPU fans. Also, GPU fans are designed to spin for the most of the time and them breaking with GPU OC, would be 1st i'd hear it.

More often than not, GPU will be long before obsolete (it's performance doesn't keep up with latest games during the years), than fan dying on it. And on the rare instances when the fan does die, there are plenty of spare GPU fans out there, that you can buy as spare parts and replace the defective fan.

Reactions: K-505
Mar 3, 2022
2500 RPM +/- 10% is normal for GPU fans. Also, GPU fans are designed to spin for the most of the time and them breaking with GPU OC, would be 1st i'd hear it.

More often than not, GPU will be long before obsolete (it's performance doesn't keep up with latest games during the years), than fan dying on it. And on the rare instances when the fan does die, there are plenty of spare GPU fans out there, that you can buy as spare parts and replace the defective fan.
thanks alot man :D

Reactions: Aeacus